Dress shirts and neck ties used to be every-day wear – until casual Friday became casual every-day. Now a lot of formal work attire needs to be re-made into something more useful.
In episode 18 of the Trashmagination podcast, get inspired this Father’s Day to remove an under-utilized tie from the closet and make it into something more fun.
Check out the butterflies I sewed from neck ties!
(My daughter called them “butter-ties.”)
Trashmagination’s Creative Reuse of Neck Ties and Dress Shirts
- Trashmagination’s Pinterest board for ties and dress shirts
- My summer job working at a textile recycling center
- Sewing crazy quilts from ties
Other Project or Gift Ideas
- 5 last minute Father’s Day gifts made from ties
- Neck tie Quilts
- Hip sling bag from ties – by Betz White
- Wine totes from neck ties
- Christmas wreath from neck ties
- Dying Easter eggs with silk ties
- Halloween pumpkin from orange & brown ties
- Skinny Fat Ties – a service that re-makes wide ties into skinnier ones
- Pillow made from a dress shirt
- Dress Shirt Cuff Chain
- Dress Shirt Cuff Purse
- Bow Ties from Dress Shirts by Aendee
Helpful Videos about Creative Reuse of Neck Ties and Dress Shirts
Artists Who Incorporate Dress Shirts
- Script for this podcast episode about creative reuse of neck ties and dress shirts (not a transcript but gives the main ideas)
- The Trashmagination podcast theme music is Kitchen from the Marian Circle Drum Brigade.