If you are interested in trying out creative reuse, but you are not sure what material to collect, wine corks are a great place to start. My bath mat made from wine corks has consistently been one of the most popular projects on my blog.
If you collect wine corks in quantity, and then find you don’t have a project for them, they are a very popular materials with crafters. You can give them away via Freecycle.
You can listen to my podcast episode about creative reuse of wine corks in this YouTube video. It originally aired in January 2017.
- Wine Cork Bath Mat by Trashmagination
- Crafty Nest Wine Cork Bath Mat tutorial
- MoJoMakery wedding place cards from wine corks
- Cub Scout action figure craft
- Taiko Okedo drum craft
- Trashmagination Pinterest – Cork projects
- Aaron Kramer’s wine cork chair
- Script for this wine cork creative reuse podcast episode (not a transcript but gives the main ideas)
- The Trashmagination podcast theme music is Kitchen from the Marian Circle Drum Brigade.