If you are interested in trying out creative reuse, but you are not sure what material to collect, wine corks are a great place to start. My bath mat made from wine corks has consistently been one of the most popular projects on my blog.
If you collect wine corks in quantity, and then find you don’t have a project for them, they are a very popular materials with crafters. You can give them away via Freecycle.
- Wine Cork Bath Mat by Trashmagination
- Crafty Nest Wine Cork Bath Mat tutorial
- MoJoMakery wedding place cards from wine corks
- Cub Scout action figure craft
- Taiko Okedo drum craft
- Trashmagination Pinterest – Cork projects
- Aaron Kramer’s wine cork chair
This book, Zero Waste Home by Bea Johnson, is recommended in the podcast. Purchase it through this link to support the Trashmagination podcast:
This podcast also talks about how you can reach out to your friends for creative reuse materials. There are many benefits, such as helping your friends. There are also downsides, such as when people try to give you things that you didn’t ask for.
- Script for this wine cork creative reuse podcast episode (not a transcript but gives the main ideas)
- The Trashmagination podcast theme music is Kitchen from the Marian Circle Drum Brigade.