Creative Reuse Lessons from Weaving Plastic Bags
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
For the past few months, my Trashmagination obsession has been focused on weaving plastic bags on my floor loom into gorgeous colorful mats. You can see photos of these mats and the process of weaving at the Trashmagination Instagram account.
This project reinforced three ideas that are dear to my heart when it comes to Trashmagination.
- When you learn how to make things with non-trash materials, chances are high that you can use trash materials instead.
- Ask for help and trust the universe will bring you what you need.
- You don’t have to know how things will turn out before you start.
- Workhouse Arts Center
- Blog #1 – planning your warp
- Blog #2 – putting on the warp
- Blog #3 – weaving a weft
- Blog #4 – finishing the project
- Putting Marilyn’s loom together
A video about Marilyn Harrington, my weaving instructor:
Script of this podcast (not a transcript, but gives the main ideas)
The Trashmagination podcast theme music is Kitchen from the Marian Circle Drum Brigade.