Do you have a box of old trophies gathering dust? Get tips on how those trophies could be reused as trophies (the best option) or get fun ideas for making those trophies into home decor items such as coat hooks or a dessert tray.
Places that Might Take Your Trophies (Contact Them First)
- National Trophy Recycling program
- Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse
- Upcycle Recycle in Alexandria, Virginia
Crafts Made from Old Trophies
- Attach the figurines from the trophies to corks to make cool wine cork decorations.
- Make cupcake or dessert stands, complete with a cool figurine on the top.
- Make a coat rack by attaching a series of the figurines to wood.
- Make Christmas tree ornaments from the figurines. You can spray paint or hand paint them in cool colors.
- If the trophy is shaped like a cup, I saw someone made small planters.
- Make a photo stand by attaching a spring to the trophy base. This can be painted a color to match your décor.
- Make fun place card settings for a fancy dinner table.
- Make wall hooks to hang coats or medals.
Instead of buying trophies – make some from recycled materials!