For the past few months, my Trashmagination obsession has been focused on weaving plastic bags on my floor loom into gorgeous colorful mats. You can listen to my podcast episode about what I learned while weaving plastic bags in this YouTube video. It originally aired in January 2017.
This project reinforced three ideas that are dear to my heart when it comes to Trashmagination.
- When you learn how to make things with non-trash materials, chances are high that you can use trash materials instead.
- Ask for help and trust the universe will bring you what you need.
- You don’t have to know how things will turn out before you start.
- Workhouse Arts Center
- Blog #1 – planning your warp
- Blog #2 – putting on the warp
- Blog #3 – weaving a weft
- Blog #4 – finishing the project
- Putting Marilyn’s loom together
A video about Marilyn Harrington, my weaving instructor: