Learn how to make beautiful hooked rugs with burlap rice bags and cut-up t-shirts or wool clothing. Get tips on how to make avoiding wrapping paper, including sewing fabric gift bags and furoshiki or Japanese fabric gift wrapping. Find out how to make a family comic book as a holiday gift, which involves the creative reuse of family stories.
Rug Hooking Links:
- Hooked Rugs I have made as gifts
- Rug Hooking Tool
- Rug Hooking Instructional Video by Deanne Fitzpatrick, one of my favorite rug hooking artists
Gift Wrapping Links:
- How to sew a fabric gift bag instructional video
- Furoshiki folding – great infographic by Treehugger
- Furoshiki folding instructional video by Recycle Now
Family Comic Book Links:
- Andrew and Violet: The Story of My Grandparents by Gloria (Hellier) Brown
- How to make family comic books (previous Trashmagination blog)
- Training by Trashmagination on how to make family comic books
“Happiness is the joy we feel striving after our potential” – This quotation is something to keep in mind when you are doing your holiday shopping.
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor
Please send listener questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to my husband Bob Welland for sound editing assistance.