Dress shirts and neck ties used to be every-day wear – until casual Friday became casual every-day. Now a lot of formal work attire needs to be re-made into something more useful.
In episode 18 of the Trashmagination podcast, get inspired this Father’s Day to remove an under-utilized tie from the closet and make it into something more fun.
You can listen to my podcast episode about creative reuse of neck ties and dress shirts in this YouTube video. It originally aired in June 2017.
Check out the butterflies I sewed from neck ties!
(My daughter called them “butter-ties.”)
Trashmagination’s Creative Reuse of Neck Ties and Dress Shirts
- Trashmagination’s Pinterest board for ties and dress shirts
- My summer job working at a textile recycling center
- Sewing crazy quilts from ties
Other Project or Gift Ideas
- 5 last minute Father’s Day gifts made from ties
- Neck tie Quilts
- Hip sling bag from ties – by Betz White
- Wine totes from neck ties
- Christmas wreath from neck ties
- Dying Easter eggs with silk ties
- Halloween pumpkin from orange & brown ties
- Skinny Fat Ties – a service that re-makes wide ties into skinnier ones
- Pillow made from a dress shirt
- Dress Shirt Cuff Chain
- Dress Shirt Cuff Purse
- Bow Ties from Dress Shirts by Aendee
Helpful Videos about Creative Reuse of Neck Ties and Dress Shirts
Artists Who Incorporate Dress Shirts
- Script for this podcast episode about creative reuse of neck ties and dress shirts (not a transcript but gives the main ideas)
- The Trashmagination podcast theme music is Kitchen from the Marian Circle Drum Brigade.